Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chocolate Raspberry Bourbon Brownies

Photos by B.G
I L.O.V.E. chocolate.  Who doesn't?  And fresh-picked raspberries? They are a sweet summer delight! Oh, and Handsome Hubby (let's forever after refer to him, as H.H, k?) loves him his bourbon.  I don't, but it adds some nice flavor to a dessert!

I modified a choc-p.b. recipe (I know, my favorite combo, but like I said, the fresh-picked raspberries couldn't go to waste) by using a simple raspberry sauce.

I took these to 2 different dinner parties in one weekend (shhh!), and they were a big hit - ENJOY!

RASPBERRY SAUCE:
1 cup of fresh (or frozen) raspberries
1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. bourbon (my addition)
In a small saucepan stir together cornstarch and sugar. Add water and the raspberries.  Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until mixture begins to boil. Cook mixture for an additional minute, then remove form heat. Stir in vanilla and bourbon. Let stand until cooled.
 
Did I also mention cream cheese?
 
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY BOURBON BROWNIES
 
 
Ingredients:
  • your favorite brownie batter
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (can be light)
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 eggs
  • RASPBERRY SAUCE
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons cream or milk
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare the brownie batter and spread into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, and sugar. Add the raspberry sauce, adding the cream as necessary to make the mixture more smooth. The consistency should be thick, but smooth enough to easily mix with the electric mixer. Add the vanilla and salt.
  3. Pour mixture over brownie batter and marble with a knife.
  4. Bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
          (I'd personally recommend underbaking!)

2 comments:

Jess Rogers said...

These look amazing. My husband is also a bourbon lover!

Unknown said...

Thanks!

And, I completely forgot, which you can probaby tell from the pictures - I also added chocolate chips and sliced almonds!

How did I forget that? The texture puts it over the top :)