Friday, February 12, 2010

2 Year "Anniversary"

"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!"Galatians 5:22

Had a great conversation with a friend last night about joy and contentment, and doing my job/living my life day in and day out with these characteristics. That's what I am striving for TODAY. This is particularly pertinent to me because in 2 days it will be the 2-year mark since I have been an employee in Congress. WOW! It's disheartening to think of the many times when I have NOT shown the Fruit of the Spirit. However, I think that Satan tries to bring us down and doesn't want me to remember the times that I have. PLUS, because of the amazing grace of our God, think how many opportunities lay ahead of me for the Holy Spirit to work through me!

No comments: