Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Morning Majesty

This week I have to remind myself of the old adage, "April showers bring May flowers" - it's already been raining for two days straight and is supposed to continue all week.  We've gotten a taste of spring, and yet today it's been feeling like winter again!

Since I was stuck indoors tonight, it was a good opportunity to get out my cherry blossom pictures from a few weeks ago and revel in the beauty again.  This year, we visited the Tidal Basin at sunrise - it is absolutely worth losing a few extra minutes of sleep in the morning.  From now on, I plan to skip the crowds during the day and only visit in the morning - it was glorious!

I'm still working on my photography skills, but even just using the auto functions captured some absolutely beautiful scenes!

Hopefully, all of this rain is just preparing us for another round of flowering trees and flora!









No comments: